Sad Breakup Quotes
- Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option. — Mark Twain
- “Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.” – The Wizard of Oz
- “If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.” – C. Joybell C.
- “What do you do when the person who broke your heart is the only one who can fix it?”
- “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
- “Ever has it been that loves knows not its own death until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Two people who break up could never be friends. If they can stay friends, then it means that they are still in love or that they never were.”
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain
- “Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?” – Leo Buscaglia
- Sometimes, I don’t know what haunts me more.. The memories of you… Or the happy person I used to be.” – Ranata Suzuki
Inspirational And Positive Breakup Quotes
- Relationships are like glass. Sometimes it’s better to leave them broken than try to hurt yourself putting it back together.
- Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.— Robert Holden
- Those who do not know how to weep with their whole heart do not know how to laugh either.
- Some people think that it’s holding on that makes one strong; sometimes it’s letting go.
- “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.” – Paulo Coelho
- When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead.” – Barney Stinson
- Don’t change yourself so that other people will like you. Be yourself, and the right people will like you.
- Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.— M. Kathleen Casey
- You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
- Love is what you were born with. Fear is what you learned here. — Marianne Williamson
Breakup Quotes For Him
- “One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones.” – Turcois Ominek
Breakup Quotes For Her
- I never asked for a lot. All I ever wanted was to be liked by you for who I was, and not for who you wanted me to be.
- I still can’t understand, why it didn’t work out between me and you. Maybe our love, was really too good to be true.
- I just had one important priority in our relationship – YOU. The problem was that we both had the same priority.
- I am breaking up with you because my heart was busy dancing to the beats of love while yours spoilt the party by sulking in the corners of fakeness and jealousy.
- Our breakup may be bitter but it won’t leave lasting scars. Our relationship has been an awesome ride all along. It is just unfortunate that after every party, a hangover is inevitable.
- Walking away from our relationship is not something I wanted to do. This day would never have come if you loved me like the way I have always loved you.
- It was easy for you to pretend that you were in love with me. But it won’t be easy for me to pretend that I am not heartbroken.
- Instead of nurturing our relationship with honesty, you smeared it with lies. Instead of using your love to paint a rainbow, you gave a dark hue to my life’s skies.
- I’ve tried my best to make you feel like you are the most amazing and beautiful human being in the world. Turned out you can do it by yourself perfectly. Take off your crown and be nicer to people.
- I just cannot forget your lies. The most important thing in relationships for me is trust, and I can’t trust you anymore. I don’t see us together in my future. I don’t see you in a white dress by my side. Let’s just end it right now.
Encouraging And Motivational Breakup Quotes
- “Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” ~ Marilyn Monroe
- Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.” ~ Sarah Mlynowski
- Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant. ~ Paulo Coelho
- Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” ~ Guy Finley
- New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.
- One day they’ll realize they lost a diamond while playing with worthless stones.” ~ Turcois Ominek
- Love is as much of an object as an obsession, everybody wants it, everybody seeks it, but few ever achieve it, those who do, will cherish it, be lost in it, and among all, will never…never forget it.― Curtis Judalet
- No one has ever loved anyone the way everyone wants to be loved.
- Life is about making the right decisions and moving on.― Josh Rayburn
- Courage is not the absence of fear, but simply moving on with dignity despite that fear.-Pat Riley
Goodbye Breakup Quotes
- The problem with our relationship was that you were busy trying to mould it according to the whims and fancies of everyone around us while I was busy enjoying it for what it was. Goodbye.
- Things would have never come to the point of walking away, if you had not kept deceiving me with your lies every day. Goodbye.
- I still love you, I don’t deny it. But you have corroded my trust, bit by bit. Things would have been just fine, if you had stopped your lies. All you needed to do, was to hear my heart’s cries. We were a perfect couple, so carefree and happy. It’s a pity that the beauty of our love, you just couldn’t see. Goodbye.
- You constantly tried to make our relationship perfect while I constantly believed that it was already perfect. Goodbye.
- Don’t expect me to tell you why I am breaking up with you. Just like how you never told me why you never got around to accepting me for who I am. Goodbye.
- While you try to justify your actions by terming them as harmless white lies, I want you to put your hand on my heart and feel how you made it cry. You never bothered to feel my pain and wipe off the tears from my eyes, now I have no choice but to move on and say goodbye.
- When I loved you, I loved you so much that I never thought of hating you. But now that I hate you, I hate you so much that I can never think of loving you again. Goodbye.
- True love comes in all shapes and sizes except one – yours. Goodbye.
- I always thought that our relationship was immune to all the storms life could throw at us. But I didn’t think about the biggest one – YOU. Goodbye.
- I will never understand what made you lie, cheat and betray but I sure am not going to wait to find out. Goodbye.
Short Breakup Quotes
- Never beg to be loved.
- And then, We never spoke again.
- Sometime you need to let things go.
- I smiled when we met, but, i cried a lot when you left.
- I am done trying. Have a nice life.
- it hurts because it mattered.
- I am so done with you.
- Lost you, gained peace.
- I was the sun yet you were searching for the moon.
- It just hurts a lot.
Getting Over A Breakup Quotes
- When someone leaves, it’s because someone else is about to arrive.
- Heartbroken? Channel your sorrow to become worthy of love. The world will be yours. ― Tapan Ghosh
- One of the best times for figuring out who you are and what you really want out of life? Right after a break-up.
- Patience is key for getting over a breakup. That and trailing off your interaction after the breakup.
- In order to truly value loyalty, you must first endure the affliction of betrayal.
- “Nothing ever goes away until it teaches us what we need to know.” – Pema Chodron
The pain is an opportunity to resurrect our true selves.
- “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you” -Ovid
- I think it’s important to realize that you can miss something, but not want it back.– Paulo Coelho
- “If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.”Roald Dahl
Depressing Breakup Quotes
- What do you do when the person who broke your heart is the only one who can fix it?
- What am I supposed to do when the best part of me was always you?
- Two people who break up could never be friends. If they can stay friends, then it means that they are still in love or that they never were.
- A breakup is like a broken mirror. It is better to leave then risk hurting yourself trying to pick up all of the broken pieces.
If someone makes you miserable more than they make you happy, then it is time to let them go, no matter how much you love them.
It takes just a few seconds to say hello, but it takes forever to say goodbye.
Just because I let you go, it does not mean that I wanted to.
The people who are quick to walk away are the ones who never meant to stick around.
All I did was love you and all you did was hurt me.
- Sometimes you have to forget what you want in order to remember what you deserve.
Life After Breakup Quotes:
- If you don’t love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?
- Never love anybody who treats you like you’re ordinary.
- Get up, dress up, show up, and never give up. Be in love with your life.
- Just because a relationship ends, it doesn’t mean it’s not worth having.
- Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake & help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.